London & South East
2 months ago
About Our Client
Our client invests National Lottery money into growing the number of people doing grassroots sport and exercise; sustaining participation levels and helping more talented people from diverse backgrounds excel in sport. They create award winning, behaviour changing campaigns and activate thorough a unique sport and exercise distribution network - channels such as: National Governing Bodies (i.e. FA and LTA), County Sports Partnerships, Sports Clubs and Leisure Centres.
About the Role
Reporting into the Strategic Marketing Director and managing 1 direct report, this is a critical new hire for the team and organisation, whose ultimate aim is to drive a sustainable attitude and behaviour change in the UK towards sport and physical activity. Here are some of the key responsibilities in this role:
- Defining and leading out the social media content plan across all the social channels for this organisation in order to step change the growth in their online communities/follower and organic content/reach/engagement and executing the plans with excellence to deliver measurable results.
- Being the social media expert up-skilling teams (both internally and sport/leisure partners externally) on best practice and how to use it most effectively
- Effectively communicating the plans to internal and external customers in an attractive and timely manner to enrol support and ensure a quality delivery for campaigns and securing stakeholder internal alignment/approvals where necessary.
- Leading quarterly social media reviews across all social channels, making recommendations for future strategies, content and partnerships.
- Identifying and engage partners/influencers on future content collaborations.
- Assessing organic social asset needs, and collaborating with the Strategic Lead for Branded Campaigns and creative agencies to develop organic social assets
- Copywriting compelling and engaging content for both paid and organic campaigns (long and short form copy)
- Working with the editorial team on wider campaigns on content needs, planning and co-ordination
- Managing, coaching and developing the social media executive who will be responsible for:
- nurturing the online community of nearly 800,000 women empathetically in responding to comments, stimulating conversations, identifying trends, topics and user-generated content that can be built into campaign plans.
- managing the campaign website/app, analysing traffic and creating/commissioning/updating content including a blog where relevant.
- You will have significant experience in developing cutting edge social strategy for campaigns that have delivered proven results
- Audience focused and results driven social media expert – will have significantly grown social communities/followers via paid/organic and increased community content engagement
- Experience of managing online communities sensitively and empathically
- Dynamic creative thinker, creator and copy writer – developing content aligned with distinct tone of voice.
- Passion for staying at the forefront of social, cultural and social tech trends.
- Curiosity and desire to challenge status quo, think laterally and find new ways of doing things
- Experience of working with external communications agencies, internal departments, partners and influencers – excellent collaboration/communication/influencing skills
- You must be commercially strong and able to analyse and track the performance of campaigns – interpreting social media analytics and using social media listening tools
- Have experience of using Photoshop or InDesign and a scheduling/reporting tool like Hootsuite
- Have some basic website CMS experience
- A team leader, who can think strategically, creatively and who has an entrepreneurial spirit (will roll up sleeves).
- Line management desirable
- You will be highly motivated by wanting to make a difference
- It would be great if you have an interest in sport/exercise
This is a fantastic career development if you are into sport – The opportunity to network with some of the most high-profile organisations across the sector. A really rare opportunity to use your classic FMCG skills to make a difference. Lots of future career opportunity.
If this role sounds just like you, please get in touch.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise on a daily basis **