London & South East
about 2 months ago
Marketing Manager, £60-70,000, London
About Our Client
A great FMCG start- up company in South London. Successfully launched over 7 years ago, with great distribution in FMCG retailers – with ambitious growth plans for the next 3-5 years through distribution and NPD. Their area of focus is one of the fastest and most competitive growing sectors in UK grocery.
About the Role
The team are looking to recruit an experienced FMCG Marketing Manager to help develop and execute the ambitious marketing agenda for 2018 to achieve sales and profit targets and to create a strategy for further growth into 2019 and beyond across the core brand portfolio.
It’s an exciting time to join this authentic, fast-paced and high-growth business with plans for a first major consumer campaign being launched in the autumn and plenty of NPD being launched in 2018. Reporting into the Head of UK Marketing, this role is a crucial and important hire.
- In conjunction with the Marketing Director and Brand Manager, develop and implement brand plans, developing consumer awareness and household penetration and managing and optimizing the core product portfolio
- Develop an integrated multi-touch point consumer campaign to drive awareness, trial and household penetration - working closely with agencies (advertising, PR, partnerships, digital, events, sampling and retailer media)
- Manage and track performance of the core product portfolio using internal and external data, recommending change or optimization where required.
- Manage the marketing budget, making budget and investment proposals in collaboration with the Marketing Director
- Act as guardian of brand identity and positioning & be the voice of the consumer for the business
- Manage 2 direct reports - a Brand Manager (who will support on parts of the brand plan) and a Customer Care Assistant (who looks after queries/complaints to agreed KPIs)
- Support existing product development
- Work closely with the sales team to support them tactically and to translate plans into effective presentations and an in-store plan including recommending relevant retailer media and managing execution of this
- Monitor consumer queries and complaints and ensure any themes or key issues are addressed
- Stay on top of all market and consumer trends, recommending how they might be shaped to impact on the performance of the business
Our client is looking for an ambitious, passionate self-starter, who will be excited to work in a fast growth, entrepreneurial company and drive this challenger brand to new heights. You will have gained extensive marketing experience from working in an FMCG business and either had experience of working in smaller business or you have the right skills and aptitude to do so.
You will be expected to provide examples of how your strength, maturity and steely resolve have enabled you to craft and deliver great brand plans on time and within an ambiguous environment.
As with other smaller businesses, you need to be happy to work in a very nimble fashion and be prepared to really roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, as well as being able to take a step back and look at the strategic bigger picture.
- You need to be a self-starter and not fazed by complexity or speed – a real multi-tasker and someone who thinks and suggests rather than always asks.
- A superb project manager – who can stick to timelines and budgets.
- A confident communicator who is happy to manage internal and external stakeholders, with great written and verbal skills
- A team player – not distracted or uncomfortable with a start-up culture and will help the wider team when needed.
- You can conduct meetings and are used to taking ownership for delivery of projects and whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You have strong creative and communication skill, including packaging design
- Experience of managing agencies.
- Strong commercial acumen, good numerical literacy and understanding of P&Ls
- You have a flair for strategy, and love to plan and sort through problems.
- You will bring enthusiasm, an interesting perspective and lots of ideas on how to propel the brand even further forwards – lots of creative spark, always keeping the consumer in mind.
- Line management experience
If this role sounds just like you, please get in touch.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise daily **