London & South East
9 months ago
Our client is a Global player in drinks. Our Client is looking for a strong, commercial and classic FMCG SBM to join their well established and high performing UK team. This role is responsible for a portfolio of brands that have performed particularly well in 2017 and there are further plans for steady growth in 2018.
About the Role
The role reports directly into a Marketing Director
As Senior Brand Manager, you will be responsible for shaping and owning the UK vision for future growth opportunities on core brands across all key levers by defining the market opportunities and setting out a roadmap and framework to drive future growth in an exciting and fast-growing sector. You will also be launching a new brand into the UK market and working on a new brand proposition.
- Full brand ownership - Portfolio management to drive growth
- Strategic brand planning
- Defining in market growth opportunities working with insights and customer teams using a consumer and shopper insight led strategy
- New Brand launches and activation
- NPD development
- Stakeholder management
- Working with agencies to activate annual plans (ATL, experiential, PR)
- Line management
- Confident and commercial – you must have gravitas to work with senior stakeholders and business partners
- A strong influencer – good relationship skills, and able to handle internal and external stakeholders when faced with challenging business and interpersonal situations
- A self-starter, happy to work in a fast-paced environment
- Brilliant multitasker and project manager – excellent prioritisation skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Effective communication skills to be able to inspire others into action
- You have a Consistent track record of creating great ideas that have driven real value in the market
- Extensive experience working on FMCG brands (working with UK retailers) and customer teams - you understand routes to market and key customers.
- Proven experience in leading strategic brand and business planning with sound evidence of consumer & shopper insight-led strategy implementation
- Demonstrable experience in leading, influencing and inspiring cross-functional teams, business changing initiatives and course correction where appropriate.
- Evidence of managing a portfolio a brand/sub-brands with complexity of channel
- Experience in leading agency partners to deliver world class research, collateral and NPD on time and with excellence to change consumer & shopper behaviour
- High level of Brand P&L value management experience, able to demonstrate good commercial judgement to maximise brand profitability & enhance margin
- Experience of A&P Budget control at portfolio and brand level
- Proven reputation for managing 3rd party creative and activation agencies
- Direct team line management experience with proven ability to inspire, grow and develop people but also ability to manage difficult conversations when required.
Our client has a great portfolio of leading brands across multiple markets, many in #1 or leading market positions.
The company loves to stretch themselves and bring fresh perspectives that will challenge the conventional way of doing things. It makes this an inspiring environment, but not an intimidating one. You will have access to a whole host of training and development programmes.
Our client also understands the importance of having a good work-life balance and offers flexible working practices. If you are passionate about consumers and FMCG brands and love being the voice of the consumer, this should tick all the boxes for you.
Come and join a team of diverse, forward-thinking people who constantly strive to deliver beyond expectations.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise daily**