London & South East
2 months ago
PR and Brand Executive, £28-33,000, London
About Our Client
Our client is a market leading, and well-funded independent company with ambitious plans to expand. They are a direct to consumer health food business, delivering weekly to thousands of families across the UK. It’s a brilliant tine to join their business, with lots of opportunities for career growth.
About the Role
Our client is looking for a dynamic and hard-working Press Officer to join their growing Brand team and spread their brand name. They are looking for a self-starter with the right blend of creativity and ‘can do’ attitude who can use their initiative to take ownership of projects to help deliver results with real impact.
Reporting directly to the Senior PR and Brand Manager, you’ll be part of an 8-strong Brand team, which includes: a content manager, insights manager and a broader creative team.
- You will take ownership of the press office function: writing press releases and pitching news stories/feature ideas by phone to broadcast, national, regional and trade journalists
- You will assist with events, from securing venues, to setting the agenda and driving attendance
- You will have responsibility for monitoring the media (including newspapers, magazines, broadcasts, newswires, social media, online influencers), to identify coverage opportunities
- You will be in charge of tracking media coverage and reporting results to wider Leadership and Management
- Be an active member of the team in helping brainstorm fresh ideas for brand campaigns
- You will work hand in hand with the Partnerships team to maximise activations
- You will have responsibility for running corporate social media accounts
You will be from a PR background (in house or agency) and someone who is passionate about communications. You will have a natural flair for networking, and have proven experience in building strong relationships with media and influencers through various communication channels.
- Proven experience in PR and dealing with journalists and the media
- Have a real passion for food
- Be consumer centric in all thinking and be passionate about growing brands.
- Be highly organised with excellent project management skills and able to work under pressure.
- You need to be able to work with pace and agility and can manage ambiguity.
- A team player who will willingly share responsibility for tasks.
- Be commercially savvy
- A self-starter
- Good at building relationships and making allies
- Excellent written and verbal skills
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise daily **