Internal Communications, Engagement and Events Manager
Salary circa £60,000
Based Surrey (hybrid working)
This is a unique opportunity within a growing, award-winning team at one of the largest, best-loved brands in the UK.
In this role you will lead your team to design and deliver a brand wide internal communications strategy, oversee various engagement and experience projects and our award-winning events calendar. You and your team will be the internal voice of our brand, building brand love and loyalty amongst our c.30,000 employees, keeping them connected to the brand, engaged and entertained through creative content, witty conversation and most likely… memes.
You'll also tap into our incredible employees to unlock powerful story-telling opportunities and support the wider employer brand strategy.
- Design and execute our brand wide internal communications, engagement and events strategy, including creating an effective channel strategy that delivers the right information, to the right audiences, through the right channels, at the right time.
- Lead strategic internal engagement projects.
- Oversee the management of our internal communication channels and platforms, including; email, newsletters, digital screens and internal social media ensuring content is relevant, easy to engage with and distinctive.
- Oversee the team of communication partners in creating compelling and effective content as part of the internal communications and employer brand strategy; ensuring clarity, consistency, and quality of content across every touchpoint.
- Coordinating ad hoc organisational announcements.
- Management of internal campaigns for initiatives such as International Women's Day, Pride, Mental Health Awareness and project and product launches to name a few.
- Analyse the effectiveness of channels to improve employee communications and provide insights on the most effective ways to reach employees.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our creative agencies.
- Work closely with cross functional departments, global communications partners, and franchise partners to source and develop brand news and stories and best practice from across the organisation.
- Manage the internal comms and engagement budget
- A minimum of 4 years' experience working in internal communications, PR or Social Media
- Demonstrable understanding of delivering large campaigns, transformation programmes and employee experience activities to large audiences.
- Proven ability to think at both a strategic and tactical level.
- This is a unique opportunity within a growing, award-winning team at one of the largest, best-loved brands in the UK. Creativity and imagination, but with a sharp eye for detail, ability to prioritise, work collaboratively, respond to feedback, see the bigger picture and stay calm under pressure.
- Good organisational skills and time management.
- Strong ability to build relationships, influence and collaborate constructively with stakeholders across all areas of the organisation.
- Ability to investigate, analyse and contextualize complex issues, identify key points to be addressed and develop effective, practical, and simple plans to resolve problems.
- Ability to multitask leading different projects and work under pressure, with changing priorities, tight deadlines and budgets.