London & South East
7 months ago
Our client a major player in the health and personal care categories with global reach. They are looking for a senior innovation and NPD specialist to join their team. This is a brand-new role, based in London with 2 days in Head Office highly commutable from London.
About the Role
Reporting into the UK Marketing Director, your role will be to ensure that the business has a pipeline of winning new products to drive annual business performance, by identifying powerful consumer insights and generating new product concepts. You will lead the commercialisation of the NPD process from ideation to product launch.
This is a senior and high-profile role within the business as it will be shaping the strategy across core categories in preparation for future growth in conjunction with the senior marketing leads.
- Setting the innovation strategy – Ensuring a 3-year pipeline, determining the key levers for growth across company priority brands. Looking at potential new categories.
- Consumer Insight -
- Planning and overseeing consumer insight and research around market insights and innovation and claims – commissioning research agencies for qualitative research and validation/quantitative testing, as appropriate.
- Recommending the correct path of action through analysing results.
- Commercialisation –
- Brief writing – claims, technical specs, features, etc
- Work with packaging agencies and technical teams and overseeing testing as and when required.
- Leadership –
- Leading a cross functional team in the development of business cases up to investment approval and on to launch, through a Stage Gate process
- Budget management
- Partner with international Senior Stakeholders, meeting needs of other markets to maximise launch potential.
- Reporting back to C-suite
You must to have the following experience
- You will have proven experience of working in a regional or International business
- Extensive experience in insights and innovation in a consumer goods category – preferably personal care, beauty or cosmetics.
- Will be well versed in working with and commissioning research agencies.
- Have strong analytical skills – able to interpret data and make accurate decisions.
- You will be able to give robust examples of delivering strategic NPD that has delivered measurable successful results.
- Strategic thinker – self-motivated to use your initiative and make this new role your own.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and happy to manage upwards.
- Happy to travel out of London with occasional travel to Europe (20% of the role)
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise daily **