London & South East
about 1 year ago
This brand intends and has the opportunity to change the landscape of the area it operates in. The founder/CEO has built a senior leadership team to help deliver against this bold statement, and now needs an experienced CMO or marketing no#1 to assume 'hands on' strategic implementation with alpha, beta and main launches set up over the coming months.
Working exclusively with our client, they're open to sector backgrounds, but coming from a media or subscription, mobile marketing or e-commerce services background would be a genuine advantage. As mentioned candidates must be competent with the suite of modern software and web tools available today; a 'digital native'.
Other core skills include:
- Self-starter, able to get the ‘nuts and bolts’ done; strategic, but a ‘doer’
- An influencer, networker and comfortable ‘in their skin’
- Strategic, global, commercial and credible
- Drive, energy and an entrepreneurial nature
About the role
As the CMO, the role has an initial 'hands on' requirement to manage the digital channels and spend management of the marketing team, whilst overseeing asset creation. That said the CMO is expected to be a driver and drafter of strategy, working collectively with the team in a partnership model, so that once strategy is jointly agreed, it is then executed and delivered.
The role will also require experience of:
- Driving, acquiring and retaining subscribers digitally
- Building and management of a first class marketing team
- Pushing forward strategy and implementation
- Global experience
- Ability, desire and experience working in partnership models with senior management
- Affinity and understanding of the importance of the brand to its stakeholders in the publishing and musically creative space
The CMO will have full budget and P&L responsibilities within this B2C business. With a revenue generation target between £20-40m within 12-18 months, experience of achieving profitably is key, eg through reducing the acquisition cost from their modelling. You can also expect marketing spend budgets of up to £6m.
About the client
We're proud to be working exclusively with this client in what potentially is a singular moment and opportunity in it's area. When launched our client will have changed something that has essentially remained unchanged for 500 years, and in doing so will revolutionise the sector. Without overstating things, they will change the lives of many.