London & South East
6 months ago
Have you worked in leadership teams both in large and 'start-up' organisations? Are you technologically savvy with modern software and web tools? Would you like what you do to potentially affect the lives of many? If so, please read on.
About the client
We're proud to be working exclusively with this client in what is potentially a singular moment and opportunity in music and tech. When launched (which will be shortly) our client will have changed something that has essentially remained unchanged for 500 years, and in doing so will revolutionise the sector. Without overstating things, they will change the lives of many.
About the role
As the CMO, the role has an initial 'hands on' expected for a hot start-up. That said they will be expected to be a driver and drafter of strategy, working collaboratively with the leadership team as a partner, so that once strategy is jointly agreed, it is then executed and delivered.
The role will also require experience of:
- Driving, acquiring and retaining subscribers digitally
- Building and management of a first-class marketing team
- Pushing forward strategy and implementation
- Global experience
- Ability, desire and experience working in partnership models with senior management
- Affinity and understanding of the importance of the brand to its stakeholders in the publishing and musically creative space
This brand intends and has the opportunity to change the landscape of the area it operates in. The founder/CEO has built a senior leadership team to help deliver against this bold statement, and now needs an experienced CMO or marketing no#1 to bring their skills to the table.
They are looking for people that come from a media or technology subscription/ licensing service, mobile marketing or e-commerce background ideally. Candidates must be competent with the suite of modern software and web tools available today; a 'digital native'.
Other core skills include:
- Self-starter, able to get the ‘nuts and bolts’ done; strategic, but a ‘doer’
- An influencer, networker and comfortable ‘in their skin’
- Strategic, global, commercial and credible
- Drive, energy and an entrepreneurial nature
- High time investment equivalent to what you would do and need to do if running your own business