London & South East
4 months ago
Hone your category management skills within this Globally leading FMCG food business, with a portfolio of household names across several food categories. Based in Surrey.
This role reports directly into the Category Controller and is responsible for 2 top accounts as well as a product portfolio.
You will use your category insight expertise to identify category challenges, share the latest insights on shopper and consumer thinking and suggest opportunities for market growth, thereby building trusted and unbiased relationships with FMCG suppliers and customers.
Internally you will be supporting both marketing and customer marketing teams with category and market knowledge, through market data analysis, and data insights which will help to shape NPD plans and the category vision and ultimately, the business’s commercial targets.
- Own category expertise: insight, strategy and supporting budget delivery
- Contribute to internal and joint business planning processes – financial and strategic objectives
- Develop listing and category rationales for the business ranges, in conjunction with the commercial teams.
- Deputise for the Category Controller when required.
- Proven experience in Category Development role within an FMCG food or drink business – client or agency side.
- Ideally direct experience of working with one of the top 5 FMCG retailers.
- Shopper, category, customer understanding
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Terrific communication and influencing skills
- You can demonstrate effective interaction cross-functionally, with senior leadership and customers.
- You understand and have worked with Retailer Customer software – i.e.: Morrisons Precima, Coop AOD (Answers On Demand), Tesco DunnHumby, Sainsbury’s i2C
If this role sounds just like you, please get in touch.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise daily **