London & South East
5 months ago
About the Role:
As Business Insight Manager, reporting into a Senior Business Insight Manager, you will ensure that channel, category and commercial plans are grounded in fact and genuine insight.
You will provide an external view of performance, both retrospective and future-focussed, that helps define the 3-year channel strategy and ensures the most valuable opportunities are targeted for the UK Commercial Team. You will be the go-to expert on the external data and insight for your stakeholders.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Leading and managing overall data and insight strategy to ensure at the GB priorities for the Grocery & Discounter channels are aligned with that of the Global Business.
- Generate genuine insight about own brand and competitor performance based on external inputs (continuous reporting, adhoc research projects and relevant media coverage)
- Support the Grocery & Discounters commercial planning process - including market mapping, the setting of channel targets and forecasts (translation of internal plan into external outcomes), competitor review, state of the nation, and opportunity identification
- Deliver a monthly periodic performance review of the channel, segments, brands and competitors to inform on-going performance management, issues, opportunities and implications
- Ensure brand & customer management decision-making is based on latest market insight – input to monthly business performance and channel team meetings
- Support major cross-functional projects providing channel expertise and adhoc analysis
- Maximise value from relevant agency relationships (e.g. Nielsen, Kantar)
- Identify and manage key stakeholder relationships – be the go-to expert on Grocery & Discounters data and insight
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong numeracy skills and ability to interpret data from a range of data sources (continuous and adhoc)
- Ability to articulately deliver data – observation – insight – action/ recommendation, with clear reasoning and judgement, and demonstrating strong commercial acumen
- Good communication skills (written & oral) with an ability to influence others across different levels within an organisation
- FMCG commercial experience from category, insights or agency environment
- Experience of the Grocery & Discounters channel from a supplier, retailer or agency point of view
- Use of Grocery or Discounter data – IRI, Nielsen, Kantar, HIM
- Previous management of client/ agency relationship
Our client is a Global player in the drinks market – They have a great portfolio of leading brands across multiple markets, many in #1 or leading market positions.
This company loves to stretch themselves and bring fresh perspectives that will challenge the conventional way of doing things. It makes this an inspiring environment, but not an intimidating one. You will have access to a whole host of training and development programmes.
Our client also understands the importance of having a good work-life balance and offers flexible working practices. If you are passionate about consumer and brands, and love to cut to the heart of a problem with creative flair and speed this is the job for you. Come and join a team of diverse, forward-thinking people who constantly strive to deliver beyond expectations.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise on a daily basis **