London & South East
about 1 year ago
Assistant Brand Manager, £30-35,000, Berks.
About Our Client
A blue chip FMCG company in consumer health care.
About the Role
Our client is looking for an experienced and commercial ABM who has a talent for problem solving using data. This is a very commercial role and you must be highly analytical and enjoy mining insights from data to inform brand strategy and plans. Working within the consumer marketing division you would be responsible for developing a consumer marketing strategy, working closely with commercial teams to create and execute flawless in-store activity.
You would have responsibility to lead on projects, tailor plans for retailers and have lots of interaction with cross functional teams.
Our client offers excellent career opportunities through the breath of their product range which means there is plenty of opportunity to move around brands and categories. There is also the opportunity to work abroad as they have offices globally.
The culture is great – they are really results focused but also people focused. They have good systems and processes in place but there is room for individual flair and input. Motivated achievers will find it a stimulating and enjoyable environment to work in.
- You will be an experienced Assistant Brand Manager within a large FMCG organization already
- You must be highly analytical and enjoy mining insights from data to inform brand strategy and plans.
- Commercial understanding with strong financial acumen in the UK market
- Can do attitude, with the ability to influence and work in a collaborative way
- Proven implementation ability
- Proactive and results driven
- Good Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence both upwards and downwards
- Flexibility to adapt plans/challenges as they arise
- You will lead projects independently
- Analyse category/brands and work on developing annual and mid-term plans
- Tailor plans for retailers
- Have lots of interaction with cross functional teams (e.g. shopper teams)
- Problem solve using data
- You will be involved in developing strategy – identifying insights and development
- Apply in-depth understanding of consumer and marketplace dynamics to pursue brand development and new categories/brands
- Understands the components of brand positioning, the role it could play in overall brand architecture and can articulate one's brand positioning in an engaging way
- Applies working knowledge of brand strategies and brand building tactics to provide input in the planning process and assist in execution
- Displays skills in designing innovative programs/initiatives, integrating an understanding of the brand positioning and strategy to deliver high impact and measurable results
- Working knowledge of competitive price elasticity models and brand tiers to assist in forming robust RRP recommendations.
- Have an understanding of project management tools and techniques to define project objectives, milestones, scope, processes and potential process improvements
- Demonstrates knowledge of the brand P&L and its components to determine implications of marketing decisions on brand profitability
- Draws on knowledge and experience of key drivers of demand forecast to address key components and accuracy of forecasting in partnership with Supply Chain
If this role sounds just like you, please get in touch.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise daily **